Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cool Stuff

Yesterday I went to the weaving guild meeting and learned some interesting stuff.

The presentation was given by Jennifer Moore who is a weaver and rug designer in Santa Fe, NM. She is a wonderful teacher; if you ever have the chance to take a class she's teaching it is worth every penny. (My favorite of hers is We All Look Up at the Same Moon.)


Her presentation to the guild was about math and art and how they often come together. She talked about the Golden Ratio (which included the Golden Rectangle and Golden Spiral) and Tessellations. You can get all kinds of ideas for projects with this knowledge.


We watched a good movie that was on Hallmark the other day: Iron Will. Rocky made fun of me when I turned it on, but he enjoyed it as much as I did.

I just had to share this cloud picture I took the other day:


It was like a blanket was being pulled over the earth.

No comments: