Friday, November 23, 2007

Winter Weather Already

Thanksgiving was another non-event for us this year. We went to Rocky's parents for dinner and that was it. The plan was to head to John Day for elk hunting today but Rocky decided to catch a cold instead; so we're just trying to keep warm.

Last weekend was non-stop rain, but at least it was warm. This long holiday weekend is beautiful and sunny, but freezing cold. We've been waking up to white frosty mornings with frozen water buckets. I'm so ready for summer to get here again; I want my cake (dry weather) and to eat it too (short sleeve temperatures).



I think sitting by the wood stove working on my stocking cap is the order of the day. Here is a photo of the hat from the Cabela's catalog:

I'll take a photo of my version of it when it is finished. I think my yarn is smaller so the hat might end up child sized, mine is alpaca so hopefully somebody will be able to wear it.

No comments: