Sunday, November 8, 2009

Here is a photo of Carly trying to get Jill to play with her. I put this photo up to use as a size reference. So far, Carly has only had one big growth spurt since we got her home.Life with Carly is one big learning lesson. This weekend I took her out to the barn and pasture with me while scooping. She had a ball. She loves the alpacas and is very calm around them, even when Alexis tries to stomp her. For the most part everybody behaved themselves, but in the last pasture where two of our studs live Carly got chased. It didn't seem too serious and she was good about staying far enough away. I was really glad that she wasn't the one chasing and she didn't seem traumatized over it, just curious.

Even though she behaved appropriately around the animals it will be a while before Carly goes out to scoop with me again. I did not know this, but it turns out that alpaca poop is quite tasty. As hard as I tried I could not keep her from eating it. She had diarrhea the entire next day.

Jill and Carly are getting along quite well. Carly has come to learn that Jill is just to look at. Even though I haven't seen her get swat by Jill, she walks a wide path around her.

Here is a good photo of Jill's bad eye:
She still gets eye drops twice a day. I don't think it has gotten any worse and she doesn't seem to be in pain.

As for me, I'm halfway through my second term back in school now. I've taken two practical exams in Anatomy and Physiology with two written exams to follow; and in Medical Terminolgy I've taken an oral exam and one computer exam, and I only have the final left which is another computer exam. It has been a lot of hard work and a lot of hours studying, but earning good grades is so rewarding.

No comments: