Monday, November 30, 2009

Giving Thanks

Carly wants to say, "Hello."This holiday weekend was pretty mundane. We just had dinner at Rocky's parents' house which is what we do every year. I had taken a turkey out of the freezer to thaw and cook and then on Wednesday Jack went out and bought us all a rotisserie turkey. Since I couldn't refreeze the turkey I took out I cooked it on Friday, boiled the bones on Saturday, and yesterday Rocky and I canned turkey vegetable soup.

The only excitement for the weekend came yesterday morning around 9:00; and this is where we're giving thanks. Rocky was still sleeping in and I was being lazy with the dog in front of the TV when I heard this loud noise outside. At first I thought the dog got her leash tangled in chairs on the patio, but then I realized the dog was in the house so I jumped up to see what it was. It was this:
See that huge oak tree lying on the ground? It landed on the goat shelter. Fortunately the goats were not in it. Also, Rocky mowed right along there Saturday afternoon. The worst thing that happed, other than the damage, is that the goats got out.

Here are some more Carly photos for your viewing pleasure:
We had to buy Carly some different food to remedy a gas problem
and it smells so good that Jill likes it too.
Jack is doing everything he can think of to make Carly love him.


No comments: