Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Halfway Through

The term, that is. Today I took another Chemistry exam that I studied all weekend for. I know I did well, but there were a few questions that I wasn't sure about.

Even though I felt well prepared for this test it must have really rattled me. First thing in the morning before the alarm rang the cat decides she needs out. So I get up to let her out and look out toward the barn to notice that the boys have shut their gate locking half in and half out. So I grab my robe and go out there at 5:45 am, hoping nobody drives by to see me, and open the gate for them. Now they can all get to water and shade again.

I go in, take my shower and when I go to use the conditioner out of the pump bottle that I just refilled I realize that I filled it with SHAMPOO; I have no conditioner, so I have to deal with tangles as I comb my wet hair. Next, as I'm trying to step into my underwear they snap like a rubberband right into the toilet. I usually try not to make too many trips into the bedroom while Rocky is sleeping, but this one could not be helped.

So, I finally get dressed, eat breakfast, and pack my bag and lunch cooler out to the car when I decide one last trip to the bathroom is in order. So I head back in the house, set my purse and keys on the washer, take care of business, and head back out. I locked my keys and purse in the house. I can see them sitting there laughing at my through the window. Fortunately I was able to let myself back in without waking Rocky up, grab my keys and purse and head out, again.

I had planned to make a deposit at the ATM on my way to school (I usually like to get there by 7:30 when the Science Resource Center opens) but decide I don't have enough time after locking myself out and all; so I head straight to school. All is going well enroute until I realize that I passed my exit! Can't believe it. As I keep driving South on the freeway I keep telling myself that I have lots of time, class starts at 8:00 and the test is at 9:00 and I'm well prepared. So I made a quick dash in and out of Goshen to turn around and make it back to the exit I need. I managed to get to school at 7:35 hoping that I really was prepared for the test. All the morning's mishaps really made me doubt myself.

Next week I have another Biology exam and then it is nothing but homework and quizzes until the August 12th finals.

I'll have a month and a half off and then I start Anatomy and Physiology. I hear it is a tough class so I'm not taking anything else with it.

No comments: