Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Project Update

Here is another photo of the scarf:
I'm almost done with the weaving, but I have run out of weft, so I'll be picking some more up tomorrow.

I tried to get a photo of the red-breasted sapsucker that spends a lot of time on this tree:
but he's really shy.

Here is a squirrel that I watched for the better part of a day:

He made more than a dozen trips to our patio where Rocky cleaned some black walnuts last fall.  The squirrel kept finding nuts along the side of the concrete.  He'd always come up on the patio going and coming.  He'd find a nut, head across the driveway, stop in the middle of the driveway to readjust the nut, jump up on the log pile to look around, he'd find a special hiding place on the side of the hill, bury the nut, and then retrace his steps to the patio.  Each nut was given a different hiding place.

No comments: