Monday, March 30, 2009

One Never Knows

Last Monday I signed up for a seminar given by McKenzie Willamette Hospital. By the time the event rolled around on Wednesday I was thinking I should just stay home, Rocky was sick with a cold and it seemed like a waste of gas.

Rocky encouraged me to go, so I got dressed in decent clothes and ran to town. Turned out that the event wasn't all that interesting; half was about when to go to the emergency room verses waiting for a doctor's appointment. The ER doctor giving the talk said that if you feel you're having a medical emergency you need to go to the emergency room. The other half was about skin care, and was basically two women promoting the products they sell. So, I wouldn't have missed much if I'd stayed home, but I did see a gal there that I used to work with. She was by herself too, so we sat together and did some catching up. I also happened to be a door prize winner. My prize was an Arbonne lip gloss and a makeup party. For those of you who know me, you're probably laughing as you read this; I rarely wear any makeup.

For Christmas Rocky's sister, Tami, bought tickets for the family to see Ain't Misbehavin'. It was fun, but not like any musical I've ever seen; there wasn't any acting in between scenes. The performers had beautiful voices, but all the song were from the 20's, 30's, and 40's so I wasn't familiar with them.

Now it's Monday and I'm supposed to be working.

No comments: