Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Carly and Me

I did what I said I wouldn't do...got a puppy. We named her Carly. She's a Labernese (black lab/Bernese mountain dog).

Rocky's cousins, Darin and Janet rescued Paris, a female Bernese this summer. Unbeknownst to them, she was pregnant at the time. After Rocky told me no and I wavered back and forth on the idea I finally said I wanted one and we went to Redding, CA to pick her up this weekend.

When we got there she was one of the first puppies to come to me and when I picked her up she hugged me back like she already knew she belonged to me. She's the cutest little 14 pound fur ball. She's already learned to fetch, but now we are working very hard on potty training. I never realized how much work is involved in training a puppy the basics (the last time I had a house puppy I was still a young teenager and my mom did all the work). After more than 48 hours I am exhausted; but I do think we made progress today, she finally pooped outside. I can't tell you how giddy I was over that poop.

Here she is at her cutest. When she isn't playing she does this:
Here is a minute where we forced her to let Rocky pet her. (She's terrified of Rocky because she fell while jumping out of his lap Sunday night and hurt herself, but she thinks he did it to her.)
This was Sunday before we took her from her mom and litter mates:

No comments: