Sunday, September 27, 2009

Busy September

Even though school was out for most of the month (it starts again on Tuesday) I haven't had a moment to rest. I got back to my weaving project. Here all of the warp ends are threaded through the heddles on the shafts and I am threading through the reed. The reed keeps the warp evenly spaced.This is what it looks like from the back of the loom:
I did take a moment to play with Blue. He goes into the hidden space in the corner between my desk and file cabinet.
I canned 50 pounds of green beans, 14 quarts of tomatoes and 20 pints of salsa.
There were several wild fires surrounding Lane County that filled the valley with smoke which produced awesome sunsets:
Poor Jill kitty had to go to the vet last week. It's hard to tell in this photo, but she has serious glaucoma in her right eye and the iris is not at all visible. I looks like her eye is nothing but pupil and it is enlarged. I'm not sure how this episode is going to end, but Jill is almost 15 years old.

We went to the third Duck home game yesterday and they keep surprising us; they beat #6 ranked Cal 42 to 3. Washington State comes to Autzen Stadium next Saturday.

No comments: