Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hot Weekend

Last weekend was fun filled with the Black Sheep Gathering. I didn't get out of my booth very much, but it was fun just the same. I had a chance to catch up with fiber friends and snoop in everybody's bags to see what they were buying.

This weekend started out with shearing our goats; they are so much happier. The rest of it has been spent trying to do stuff inside out of the heat. I never heard what the high was yesterday, but I know it was mid to high 90's. Last night was kind of fun. I opened the windows in the bedroom and could really hear the thunder storm pass over. After every clap of thunder the wild turkeys would gobble. Then at about three a.m. I had to get up and close the windows thanks to a skunk.

Looking into the near future I am excited about an upcoming workshop I've signed up for. Judith McKenzie is teaching a four day spinning and dying workshop in Mount Hood this August and my friend Patty of Sporfarm (she raises shetland sheep) offered to let me stay with her since she's signed up for it as well. I can't wait. I've never taken a formal spinning class and I hear that Judith's workshops are the best.

Now to get through another grueling work week; fortunately this one has a holiday in it.

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: