Friday, February 1, 2008

Snail Mail

I received a letter from one of my brothers who lives in The Dalles the other day. Kelly is six years older than me and he is mentally retarded. His letters take a little deciphering, but I can always figure them out and I'm proud of him just for making the effort. This letter is a little exciting.

He wrote to let me know that he'll be coming to Springfield in March to play basketball in the Special Olympics. I've marked my calendar and I'm looking forward to both watching Kelly play ball and attending the Special Olympics for the first time. I think it will also be extra fun for Kelly to actually know somebody who will come and watch when he's playing in a city so far from home. He also wrote in his letter that he will be staying in a motel, they cover his meals, his coach is very nice, and he'll be wearing black sweat pants because they can't wear blue jeans to play basketball.

No comments: