Monday, January 14, 2008

Busy New Year

Of course the beginning of every year is busy with year end tax preparations, but we've also been busy with fun stuff.

On the 9th we went to Riverdance. It was an exciting production. I enjoyed it, Rocky didn't think it was worth the money. I kind of feel that way about fishing. A few years ago I got to see Lord of the Dance with my sister in Portland; I will admit I enjoyed it even more. It could be that I was just in awe since it was the first time I had ever been to a production like that, but in my mind it was a little bit more exciting than Riverdance. I do believe both were worth the time and money to see.


Yesterday was another busy day for us; I can't believe what we did. We bought this:
We decided it was time that I get a grown up car. Rocky hates my Mustang and I've been thinking that I could get something larger with as good if not better gas mileage. I had a Honda Element, Cr-V, or Toyota Rav 4 in mind, but this Toyota Highlander Hybrid was in the paper yesterday and the seller was motivated enough to give us a really good deal. We weren't even thinking about getting a Hybrid at the time so I went on line to see what other owners thought about theirs and the only negative comment I found was that the 3rd row seating is a joke; and it is, but that's not something we'll use anyway. Anyway, this Highlander gets 25-30 mpg and that's a lot better than the Mustang. I just can't believe that I'm going to be driving a luxury vehicle. I hope I deserve it.

No comments: